Thomas Harrison Middle School
HS Keyboarding, Grade 8
Overview: Students created a resume on Google Docs and a business card using online MS templates. They then created a QR code linking to the resume and placed it on the business card. They shared their cards with members of their class who could scan the QR code to read their resume.
SOL: C/T 6-8.9
Time Required: Four class periods
Technology Used: Google Docs, Microsoft Office templates, iPads, Kaywa QR Code Generator
- Create a resume using Google Docs
- Create a business card using Microsoft Word templates
- Create a QR code linked to the resume
- Place the QR code on the business card
- Scan with an iPad to read the resume
Assessment: The resume and business card should be visually appealing and free from typos.
Describe how the use of technology affected student learning:Students used a novel technology (QR codes) to perform an authentic task.