Set Up Your Address Book
- Select the Address Book icon from the toolbar and then click on the Options icon.
- Click on "Address Books" link. Set "My Address Book" as the default choice.
- Make sure "My Address Book" and "HCPS Faculty" both display on the right side. If not, click to select the address book in the left screen and then click the hand to move over. "My Address Book" should be the top choice
- Save changes to each option before leaving the screen.
- Click on "Options" again to go back to the main menu, and then select "Display"
- Select "Address Book listing" instead of "Search" for view to display by default.
- Now, click on the Mail icon to open mail and select the options icon here. (This is a different set of options.)
- From the list on the right, select "Address Books."
- Under "Selected Address Books", choose "My Address Book" as the first and HCPS as the second.
- Highlight each book and make sure that name and email are BOTH highlighted in the 3rd box below. If not...highlight them.
- Then, at the bottom under "Choose the address book to use when adding addresses", select "My Address Book."
- Save these changes.
- Click on "Address Book". Click on Browse to see the names you have in your address book. You can click on "All" to show all names in your address book.
To Create a Group
- You can easily create an address book with HCPS emails. If you plan to include email addresses from outside of the division, you will need to add them to your address book first.
- Click on the Address Book icon, and then select the address book that you want to use from the drop-down box in the upper right-hand corner. If you don't see any names, click the "Browse" icon.
- Click to check the boxes in front of all of the names that you want to add to the group.
- At the bottom of the page, in the drop down menu "To a Contact List" select "Create a new contact list: My Address Book". Those names that were checked will be added to this group contact list. You may also add others to an existing list by choosing Add and selecting the group contact list name.
- Type the name of the list in the box that opens.
When you go to use your email group....click on new message and type in the name of your email group...tab or move to the next row and your email group should expand to reveal all of the members.
To Manually Add Contacts to Your Address Book
- Use the menu down the left side of the page.
- Click on + in front of "Organizing" to expand the menu and then click on the + in front of "Address Book".
- Select "New Contact"
- On the "New Contact" window, select "My Address Book" and enter the information.
How to set your Address book names to "expand" in email:
Expansion of names should work by default with HCPS faculty address book. However, for it to work with My Address book the user should:
- Click on "Address Book", then click on "Options"
- Click on "Address Books" and make sure the "My Address Book" is on the right side (click on the hand to move if it is not). Add the HCPS address book, if desired. Save options.
- Under "Column Options", select the additional column to display to be email, if desired. Save options. You should be able to type in first name, last name, or first few letters and click expand (or TAB) to have names expand.
How to display your address book icon for adding names to your address book:
- Click on Mail , then click on Options
- Click on Address Books. Most users check the top option (expand names in the compose window in the background) – check others as desired.
- Move both available address books over to selected address books
- At the bottom, under "Choose the address book to use when adding addresses," make sure you select "My Address Book:" now the address book icon will appear when you click on an email, and that sender can be added to your address book. Save options.